About Surgical Microscopy:
The use of a Dental Microscope is common for root canal specialists. Proper visual access to the internal root of your tooth during a root canal is important to verify proper cleaning and shaping.
We understand that technological advancement means better quality of care. We have made the investment into very expensive but invaluable technology such as this microscope to allow our specialist the finest tools available to provide the ultimate in service for you. This microscope is primarily utilized by our endodontist in root canal therapy.
Endodontic Applications of the Global Microscope
- Allows surgeon to minimize the size of the surgical site, reducing patient discomfort and healing time.
- Improves accuracy of microsurgical incisions and suturing with 6-0 through 8-0 sutures, permitting precise tissue/tissue and tissue/tooth approximation for primary would healing.
- Improved lighting and magnification aid in locating additional canals.
- Surgical Microscopy Aids in retreatment of broken instruments.
- Improves ability to thoroughly clean prepared canals.
- A Dental Microscope allows accurate depth of retro-prep extension can be more easily assessed.
- Permits micro-level osseous surgery facilitating bone removal without nicking the root surface and allows for better periodontal ligament preservation during ostectomy.
- Permits accurate and easier root amputations and hemisection.
- Improves detection and evaluation of root fractures and abnormalities.
- Surgical Microscopy provides upright working conditions, alleviating occupational neck, back and shoulder problems.
- Provides high-resolution video and 35mm photography for patient education, enhanced training, and insurance/legal documentation.
Our dentists are here to serve the San Diego county with any surgical microscopy needs you may have.